Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 Project Life {Title Page}

Last year I discovered Project Life, the phenomenon known as pocket scrapbooking. I fell in love. I had tried my hand at scrapbooking for years. My first album I created in high school. The task was so daunting, however, I would neglect to keep up all year and in the summer I would sit down for a 24 cram-like session and do a whole year in one long night, only capturing the major highlights of the year. I have continued with this method for some years, until a couple years ago when I stopped trying all-together and just started piling photos and keepsakes in boxes, hoping eventually I would get motivated to DO something with it all. Then I met Project Life, and spent summer of 2013 going back through my partial albums and boxes of photos and I married them together in one, beautiful, giant album of my "adult" life. I went back to the birth of my second child in 2012 and put our family vacations and highlights in in more detail thanks to the journaling cards I had to now use. See, I have this fear of 1/2 completed things. If I can't finish it, I might just avoid it like the plague. Which is what I had been doing for all these years with scrapbooking. I wanted to do it. But the thought of trying to put a dent in the backlog brought on the more prominent thought of just giving up (besides, who was ever going to look at these albums anyways, right?) This year, being caught up (mostly) on the last 7 years of my "adult" life, I have decided (happily) to start doing weekly pages in my Project Life Album. I will try to post a photo of each week, and share what products I used and what techniques I tried. Project Life makes me happy, so I am happy to share it with you.



I cut heavy cardstock paper into a 3x4 card and glued a Heidi Swapp "family" sticker and Studio Calico wood potty people to it to create the fancy gold card. For the first card I used two types of alpha in gold. Love the golds on this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment