Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 Project Life {WEEKS 1-4}

For the first few weeks I am using PicMonkey to make collages to fit in lots of photos and details. You can find my easy to follow PicMonkey collage tutorial HERE. I use Photoshop Elements 9 to add digital stamps and to edit each photo. I use a variety of kits from Becky Higgins and We R Memory Keepers, and wood veneer embellishments from Studio Calico and a variety of Thickers stickers as well as random chipboard accents.


{WEEK 1}
I am trying to capture the "little" things, and plan to take close-ups like these of my kids playing with the things they love.


For the title card I layered a tiny picture and a month card for dimension and to fit it all in!


{WEEK 2}


I use PicMonkey to create a tiled look. Once I print the photo, I embellish each tile.


I couldn't find any quotes in my cards that I wanted to use this week, so I made up a stack of black and white quotes and sayings and used one this week, which reads "what I love most about my home is who I share it with."

You can purchase a printable set of these quote/sayings cards in my Etsy shop SOLD BY SABRINA


{WEEK 3}

Tory brought me flowers this week. I cut the butterfly from the wrapping and glued it over the photo of him with the flowers. I glued a 3x4" card over the 4x6" title card to have more room for journaling.


{WEEK 4}


The "enjoy everyday" card is a 3x4" card wrapped in a foil candy wrapper, stamped with black ink. I embellished my cards this week with a cork "!" and a cork arrow from Studio Calico, a Heidi Swapp plastic arrow and a fun arrow puffy sticker. I also used a combination of digital and traditional stamping and glittery stickers on this weeks spread. The Seahawks photo is of the game-winning catch by Sherman at the NFC championship game which we {the Seahawks} won on Sunday {I found this game changing photo online and used it since it sparked the biggest emotion in us while we watched the game}.

No comments:

Post a Comment