Sunday, March 16, 2014

2014 Project Life {WEEK 10}

Here's a quick look at last week. I now subscribe to Studio Calico and Gossamer Blue's Project Life monthly kits and love both for different reasons. This month, both kits had alot of dark blues and greens. I love using the kits so that everything goes together because my style is usually just a little of everything, any color goes! But I do like these coordinating kits. The leftover items will mix right into my stash and work when I am ready to mash it all up again and do layouts in mixed colors and styles.

{WEEK 10}


I am a big foodie, and the March Gossamer Blue project life kit had an amazing foodie stamp set. I used one on this card!


I am starting to notice a pattern of what 4x6" cards I choose for the title card. I like colorful cards without words or pictures on them. This way I can add my own embellishments and customize it each week. This week I used one of the cards from my SC March PL kit, added some ombre washi and layered gold Thickers on top, stapled a cute card from a past SC kit that says "I just want to make nice things & get enough sleep," and used the navy blue thickers from this months SC kit as well. I had been wanting to use this quote card for a while, and felt like it really described my feelings about life at the moment. I just want to make nice things (be happy) and get sleep (be healthy).


The house was actually clean for a split second this week, so I decided to grab some snapshopts for my blog which I posted HERE. I also wanted to add them into my album this week. I rearrange/redecorate/reorganize WAY MORE OFTEN than I probably should so for me, taking pictures of my spaces often is important. I used a couple techniques on this card. First, I created a collage with PicMonkey (as I do most weeks), and left one tile black. I added a black and white label, used the navy Thickers from the SC kit, and then added gold enamel dots to guide your eye through the whole "home" collage. I like to use enamel to force your eye to follow them to connect photos and collages together. I then added a fun label from this months GB kit that says "our story starts here," which is true. We love our home and it starts all our adventures!

The tiny alpha, enamel hearts, and sequins all came from this months SC and GB PL kits. I really, really love the blues and greens (with pops of gold), and plan to use them for the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment