Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 Project Life {WEEKS 8-9}

I got behind these past two weeks. We have Girl Scout Cookie Sales going on right now, several birthdays, and of course, have been fitting in tons of family fun, leaving no time (or energy) for scrapping. But I want to stay up to date since I love doing Project Life so much so I set aside time yesterday to edit my photos and today to scrap. Here's what the last 2 weeks look like!


{WEEK 8}
This week I made my own polaroid style photos using PicMonkey and I added a snapshop of what my home looks like. I wanted to capture what a typical day at home with my toddler feels like. It feels like REAL LIFE. Toys everywhere, my laptop out working on projects, my favorite coffee drink, the Today Show playing in the background. These are the little, happy, calm yet REAL parts of my life as a stay at home mom. Everyday isn't the fantastic adventure that I always try to capture for my Life album. But these days are just as amazing.


I sliced the picture of my living room in 1/2 and used washi again to join the pages. The washi is outside the pockets and the wood veneer house is also outside the pockets adhered to the washi. I like scrapping outside of the pockets sometimes. I am LOVING OMBRE everything right now. You can find this fantastic ombre washi from Pink Fresh Sudio.


There are 2 things this card covers. 1. What to do with enamel dots, and 2. What to do when you dont know what to do with a pocket. When you dont know what to do with a pocket, you should do what we scrappers do best: CREATE! I took this pink card and stamped a cute pinwheel using an ombre colored stamp pad. I just wanted to have fun stamping! Then I used enamel dots to add pop to the pinwheels. EASY, FUN, DONE!


{WEEK 9}


We did so much this week that this Studio Calico pie chart card from the Feb. kit made the perfect title/journaling card.


These little banners came with the Studio Calico Feb. kit. At first I wasn't sure what to do with them, but they actually worked for this weeks layout. I carried the banner theme down the page to tie it together.

These two weeks were just fun to scrap! On to find another project until next week....

1 comment:

  1. Ali Edwards used the pie chart as a story structure in her "Hello Story" class. Nice to see it used elsewhere!

    Can totally relate about the GS Cookies. I used to be a Cookie Mom AND a Popcorn Colonel for my son's Cub Scout pack. Not fun at all! :)

    ReplyDelete