Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2014 Project Life {Birthday spread}

I did a 2 page spread to highlight my birthday fun because my birthday is always a big thing around here. Its one of the days/weekends that actually is all about me; not about taking care of the kids or the chores or anything else other than just finding some happiness!





This spread was inspired by one red card that said "All about me." This card was part of the April Studio Calico add-on kit "Tobasco," which I had to have because of this card and some of the cute embellys! Since I could not figure out how I wanted to place the card, I decided to punch a 2" circle around the words and to layer it over an image. I then used the scraps from the punched card to keep the exact color red throughout the layout, contrasting it with blues (I have a lot of blue cards, since its my favorite color!)


I used the red scraps to make small flags and 1" circles. I stamped in black Stayz-on ink with some fun stamps from the new Simple Stories DIY stamp sets.

I also used some cute puffy asterisks, an Amanda Rose "hubbie" stamp, a Red "EEK" flair button from the April SC PL kit (which was perfect since it was both red and pretty much explained the emotion everyone at the table felt when I started playing with the crab legs, HAHA!), and red and blue alphas from Simple Stories and Thickers. All the cards I used were from my stash :)





No comments:

Post a Comment