Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2014 Project Life {WEEK 21 + Mother's Day}

Week 21 was all about exploring the Pacific Science center, riding bikes, and Mother's Day. THINGS I LOVE: Pacific Science Center membership, Studio Calico's monthly PL kit, and Write Now Journals.

I recently found a great Mother's Day idea that I put to use this year. I bought myself a beautiful journal, and asked my family to write in it each year for all occasions (Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Birthdays, our Anniversary, any holiday!) I wanted to choose my own journal, one because I am picky, and two because there is a particular brand of journals I use which I order from Amazon and my husband is not very big on the whole online ordering thing. I am so glad I started this!! What they wrote in the journal was so much more amazing and deep than the quick writings on some randomly purchased card (not that cards aren't also cute and meaningful). Tory pressed Ashlyn's (who is only 2) hand-prints into the journal as well (until she can write messages herself she can paint and draw etc in my journal). Tory liked this idea so much he asked for a Father's journal! So I picked up this one for him.


{WEEK 21}


Both cards on this page are from Studio Calico's May PL kit.



Stamping with an ombre stamp pad on the title card, sequins, and Thickers.


Alpha outline stamps, shaded in with a "Jade Green" copic marker. Asterisk stickers from Studio Calico's May PL kit. I REALLY like Studio Calico's kits!


Using enamel and brackets.


Took this very amazing shot of a butterfly at Seattle's Pacific Science Center's butterfly exhibit reaching out and sensing Ashlyn's tiny finger. I am quite surprised at some of the clear and beautiful shots I can get out of my $99 Canon 330HS. The white rub-on alphas are perfect and from from Studio Calico's May PL kit.

I decided to make Mother's Day a separate insert. I try to make holidays and special days pop from the weekly layout by adding an insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment